PERSPECTIVE
An aid workers impressions as she travels the world building toilets.
Latest public adventure: to be determined.
Poems, photos and ramblings abound.


LABELS
click to sort posts

November 15, 2010

How many days?

I was taking time to comment on writing, on water.
On rubble and iron bar.
On this country.
Today,
I can't tell you what is happening anymore
because it changes too quickly
because I don't have enough perspective
because anything I say will come out as
sentimental
sinical
or
desperate.

* * *

You know my thoughts on data and numbers and indicators.
Read the papers about the cholera in Haiti, but remember bias and Heisenberg.

* * *

Context is everything.

I was enjoying the sourth in Leogane in Peitit Goave, under the mango tree. Getting the maps in order. Staying out of Port au Prince. During a completely failed meeting I was chairing, I got a call and left within two hours and was in the Artibonite region to respond to the cholera outbreak. Not a warm welcome.

Cholera is not a nice thing. You have to be ahead of the curve. Especially when it's unknown.

1 comment:

  1. I share the feeling... Bises la belle et courage! Chacha

    ReplyDelete