PERSPECTIVE
An aid workers impressions as she travels the world building toilets.
Latest public adventure: to be determined.
Poems, photos and ramblings abound.


LABELS
click to sort posts

March 22, 2010

Happy World Water Day 2010

'Tis the season... for a bunch of links. World Water Day 2010.

World Water Day is also know in some circles as World Whiskey Day. But honestly, the logic is a bit questionable...After you drink whiskey in order to save water, you are going to need a lot of water to get over your de-hydrating hangover.

Seriously... I won't quote you statistics (but I will link to some) but let me make 2 points:
People die from diseases linked to water.
People die fighting over water.

So again, I remind you that to save the world you need to focus.

Who doesn't love national geographic? I sure do...
National Geographic special issue on freshwater (March 2010)
I have been waiting for this issue on the edge of my seat... (yes, I am a dork.)

If you feel the need for statistics and sound bites:
Numbers Galore from Water.org
(I do not endorse Water.org for donations - of course I do not NOT endorse them - I just have no idea if they are reputable in terms of serving people with your money. They just have a nice list of numbers. If you want recommendations on where to donate money then ask me - but that is not my point here.)

I will write something more personal on water, but that will not appear here today, on World Water Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment