PERSPECTIVE
An aid workers impressions as she travels the world building toilets.
Latest public adventure: to be determined.
Poems, photos and ramblings abound.


LABELS
click to sort posts

April 9, 2008

Good bye Afghanistan

Last thoughts on Afghanistan:

Watched the snow road block and fall
smelled the river from far too far
while others rushed and resigned to crawl
and irrigate almond lands
burqua eyes blind to mine
i lived outside them all.

...........................

So I am a bit late (as always) but then that's fine. So I was so sad to leave Afghanistan,
but I think my dad was pretty happy that I am gone...

Mario too was happy to go, but I know it was bittersweet for him and parts of it he loved... like Ghor where we spent a romanic week. (As romantic as Taiwara can get).

Back in December - We flew out praying it wouldn't snow. And it did - but not enough to keep us down. Too many memories to tell you here....

But we had time for one good party.... actually i am cheating this picture is Ophelie, from quite a while ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment