PERSPECTIVE
An aid workers impressions as she travels the world building toilets.
Latest public adventure: to be determined.
Poems, photos and ramblings abound.


LABELS
click to sort posts

February 25, 2007

A Kabul Picture Poem

This is Kabul.


And her childrenengulfing them slow
crawling up from below
this motherful city
hiding what's smotherful colorful
within silent grey mystery.

The unemployed beside the destroyed

not sure who is who
between buildings or boys
looking upwards to something

that destroyed joy down the road.





* * *


It aint easy being green


playing the scene


making up dreams

sometimes wishing we were back

in Mombassa...

2 comments:

  1. Dear Trayle: Thank you for your messages from Kabul--

    Eric Gjertsen--Waldron Island--I remember you as a little girl out here on the Island--It is very inspiring to see how far you have gone on from this little out of the way place--ejgjertsen@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Eric. Hope you are well. Sometimes I do wish I was closer to that that little out of the way place... but I do enjoy my job, life, traveling... etc.
    Say hello to the seagulls for me.
    :0) trayle

    ReplyDelete